Old 02-05-19, 12:08 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2488 Post(s)
Liked 735 Times in 520 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
...but SWMBO just told me not to buy til the 19th
I'm not sure why that upsets you. What is the hurry? When is the surgery? You said you weren't going to start riding for two months afterwards. My wife would want to make sure I made it through the surgery before she allowed me to spend that kind of money. And she would be right to do that. I don't think you realize just how deep in it you are. I wish you the best, but, seriously, I think you need to manage your expectations. I have a friend that you remind me of. He had hernia surgery (after a triple bypass) and assured me he was pacing himself to stay within his medical restrictions, but has torn the internal stitches. It's going to have to be redone. He was convinced he would lose his mind if he couldn't get back on something ASAP after surgery. He wasn't allowed (he had, yes had, an SWMBO too) to buy a bike before his surgery (he was a runner) so he crawled into the bike shop just hours after being released from the hospital. He already knew the one he wanted. You are young. A lot younger than me. You have a LOT of time ahead of you. You live in Paradise? Good, wait for it, it's not going anywhere. Anything can happen, even on a trike. If a dog that yanks a leash is not advisable, then dropping a wheel off a curb or into a pothole, and torquing your chest is equally inadvisable. It could happen. I know, I know, you could have to brake hard to avoid hitting someones cat and torque your chest. THAT would be easier to explain to SWMBO. See the difference? Please allow me to pass some wisdom from my greater years on the planet. Men never realize just how big a pain in the @$$ they are constantly being to their wives until the wife files for divorce. Its true. 75% of divorces are filed by women, 90% of women if you only count those considered 'middle class'. Only 20% of men had any clue that their marriages were in that much trouble. It's never just one thing. It's a succession of smaller things over years. That's all I've got This could have been a short thread but it did go on to be interesting in its own way. But it ignores the festering realities underneath. That may have been the point. Distraction. Anticipation. Sigh. They say the four most awful words in the English language are: "I told you so". Not that I would ever.