Old 05-15-19, 09:19 AM
puma1552

Bikes: '17 Colnago C-RS (Full 5800); '16 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by ridelikeaturtle

By the way, this is getting worked out in your favor, correct?
I've said on at least a couple occasions within this thread that that is as of yet unknown; there's no guarantee a refund is even going to happen.

Originally Posted by indyfabz
Exactly why I asked how much money he was planning on saving by buying from where he did. I am fascinated by the risk/reward analysis people make (or don't make) before making a purchase. The people who really fascinate me are those who will devote so much time to try to save literally a few bucks. Years ago some guy found deal on CO2 cartridges. The per unit cost was relatively inexpensive compared to what you pay at a LBS (but not significantly less than other on-line sources). Catch was that to get the low price you had to by them in something like lots of 100. It may have even been more. The guy was trying to get other BF members to chip in and split up the lot. Blew my mind that someone would go through such effort to try to save what, in the end, was a relatively insignificant amount of money. It was even crazier when you consider that the number of cartridges each person would end up with under his proposal was more than a person would likely use during a long period. It was as if the only thing that mattered was getting the rock bottom price, regardless of actual need.

Realistically, I didn't expect the OP to answer my question.
The savings over the LBS is about $400, or put another way, the LBS is about 100% more expensive. Not insignificant, and enough of a difference where you could buy a higher bracket of wheelset online. A bit different than some guy saving a buck on a CO2 cartridge.

Last edited by puma1552; 05-15-19 at 09:23 AM.