Old 05-22-19, 08:04 AM
puma1552

Bikes: '17 Colnago C-RS (Full 5800); '16 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 40 Posts
Actually did receive an email on May 16th saying they received my return...and they received it May 5th, three days after it left the US, about as I'd expected. 11 day lag on tracking updating, and nobody at Wiggle in that time frame could tell me (or reach out to the warehouse) to verify it had actually showed up, even though I had asked. But whatever, they received it.

The email I got from them on the 16th said that the return had reached the retailer, and actually said I'd receive a refund within 7 days, which would be by tomorrow. I don't think for one second I'm getting a refund by tomorrow.

One time a guy on chat told me US based people sometimes were getting refunds before tracking even showed the returns arriving, which tells me that although they failed to look into and verify receipt of the return in my particular case, they can and do sometimes look into and process returns before the tracking even says its received. Therefore, for the heck of it, I just got on chat with them to give me an update overall, and cited them receiving the package on May 5th. It's possible that despite the email on May 16th, they could already have been processing it for 17 days now, so I figured I'd just politely check in.

The guy on chat told me that it was still in transit to the UK, despite their own system currently saying that they received it 17 days ago. At that point I was like huh? Your own system says you received it 17 days ago, and in fact, I received an email on the 16th confirming as such. 17 days is more than enough time for any and all internal systems to communicate and update, and even if not, how can the internal workings and departments be so utterly silo'd and fragmented and lacking communication?

His response was that he would forward this issue to the returns team, and that I'd hear within 48 hours. They are batting .000 on customer service followups, so I'm not holding my breath that I'll hear anything by Friday morning, but I guess we will see.

What a clown show these people are running over there - their own systems say they received it 17 days ago and the CS rep on chat can't even tell me what their own systems say.

Last edited by puma1552; 05-22-19 at 08:22 AM.