Old 02-07-20, 12:11 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
Originally Posted by Tundra_Man
Probably a total of a hundred feet, about 18" wide. I can imagine they were pretty sore after that!
I would be too, and not physically. If the city maintained the roads like that, a LOT of people would be sore. They should spend the taxpayers' money equitably, and make the daily commute safe for all users, of all forms. The economic arguments against it are phony; this kind of treatment/maintenance always pays for itself, in increased safety, quality of life, etc. Moreover, compared to maintaining car-based transportation, it's pennies on the dollar.

Telecommuted the first two hours this morning; head-banging technical issue burned the full two hours, plus. So I'm late out the door for the ride in, rushing, and the bridge of my glasses broke pulling on my balaclava. Scrambled to find my cheap Zenni spare pair, made up part of the time hammering it down the MUP, aaaaannnddd... the Monona Terrace elevator is being serviced. This is equivalent to a bridge over a creek being out on a county road. Only imagine if they put the "Bridge Out" sign AT the bridge, rather than at the intersections a couple miles down in either direction. Nearly doubled my commute distance, backtracking to the overland route.
Likes For madpogue: