Old 02-17-20, 09:02 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 110 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 896:

Yesterday my sciatic nerve flared up, shooting pain down my left leg. Every couple of years that thing will act up for a few days. I'm not really sure what triggers it. This morning, getting out of bed made me audibly yelp. Bending at the waist and/or lifting my leg is particularly painful.

Through a combination of tenacity and stupidity, I still rode to work this morning. Getting on and off the bike was pretty interesting. Thankfully once I was mounted and pedaling the pain reduced to a tolerable level.

29F this morning, with just a hint of cross wind. It's supposed to get a bit colder as the day progresses, and the wind is supposed to pick up. Thankfully it will shift and I'll have a tail wind pushing me home which should make things a bit easier on my leg.

I put together a highlight reel video of various things that happened during last week's commutes: