View Single Post
Old 03-20-20, 04:55 PM
nlerner

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3807 Post(s)
Liked 6,675 Times in 2,607 Posts
I built my bike up last night while my wife and daughter watched House reruns. Foundation is a Jeunet frame from the 70s in battleship grey that I picked up from a forum member. One funky thing is that the original French fork had been replaced by an English-threaded one at some point. The steerer is kind of short on the replacement, but I had a short stack headset in the bin that works. I went for a 590mm/EA3 wheelset with Sun CR-18 rims and Panaracer Col-de-la-vie tires. Rear hub is an alloy shell Sturmey Archer AW and front is a Normandy. Crankset is Nervar 122bcd with 45t Stronglight ring. Campy 26.2 seatpost, rhm -recovered saddle, some sort of alloy bars and stem, Weinmann cp brakes (750 rear/610 front), Weinmann levers, shellacked cork grips, French bell from gugie , Carradice saddle bag and support. My shakedown ride was to a local grocery store, and last pic shows the bag fully loaded. Felt pretty good though I need to lower the saddle a smidge and fuss with the gearing. Next step is to explore some unpaved surfaces.

Oh, almost forgot a pic of the random headbadge I stuck on it:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iG9pfn]

Last edited by nlerner; 03-20-20 at 05:12 PM.