View Single Post
Old 04-02-20, 02:18 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
My friend and coworker has gone through a number of bikes and bike-related endeavors. Came from vintage fixie land (old Nishiki that he had powder coated a super gregarious hue of sparkling orange, with appropriate polished pieces) and worked up through some race bikes while doing some local racing for a few years. Did track for a year as well and still has one he built for it, buuuut he picked up a Breezer and really likes it. He's an outdoors-biased kind of guy plus no car, so he digs the versatility and capability that a big tire disc steel frame affords.

I feel like a recent BF member (ctak) had the C&V seed lying around for a while (had some nice vintage rides), but the day he and I met, it was for a CL meetup so that I could buy some wheels he'd had for a long time. We talked for an hour and a half. Lol. He's gone full tilt into it, which is fantastic. We have a blend of bike knowledges and bike types that we like--a good bit overlap, and some don't. I think we learn a lot from each other. Lot of fun.
Those Breezer's seem to have it going on, didn't hurt that Performance was really dealing on them before they sank. I even gave it a hard think for a minute.