View Single Post
Old 10-21-19, 01:07 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I'm not sure if the app gives you full choice of balance setting like you have using Frank's or Jan Heine's charts, but I would suggest measuring fore/aft loading and plugging in those actual numbers.
That's the thing -- I'm sympathetic to both Berto's and Brandt's viewpoints, so I tend to use and recommend something in between. Even if you accurately measure a 40/60 or 35/65 weight distribution on your bike, that leaves the front pretty low if you ever have to brake hard while descending a steep road.

It's likely that my road bikes with me and my gear aren't exactly 45/55, but it works so well on my bikes, I can't think of a better arrangement. My hands and wrists are plenty comfortable, and I have yet to get a pinch flat anywhere.

But also to your point, the Berto stuff probably isn't appropriate for tubulars, since they don't have the same constraints.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498