Old 01-30-20, 10:20 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
Originally Posted by jawnn
ok I want to use this cassette: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...E180VKRW&psc=1
what derailleur will work with it?? I forgot to look at the one I have for a 34t cassette..
not sure, I don't think there were that many derailleurs in the 8 speed era that were 42 tooth capable. I thought sunrace had a 1x drivetrain that worked with big cassets, but I'm not seeing it

Originally Posted by Kuromori
It could use a sentence of explanation, but I don't think there's anything technically wrong with the diagram itself. It's meant to cover dropouts that aren't just flat plates, as well as materials that aren't steel.
If someone can tell me what I'm supposed to learn from that diagram, I'm interested. Seems to me that a typical rear dropout is about 7mm thick. Then add half of whatever stay they have drawn and what they have drawn there is about 10mm on any bike I have ever seen. Plus there needs to be a radius out from the axle to tie all this info together. I guess it doesn't matter too much, because I just cut back the stay until it clears a 13 tooth cog and I'm done.

Last edited by unterhausen; 01-30-20 at 10:28 PM.