Old 08-19-20, 08:36 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 380 Posts
We finally got a cool front in Cen-Tex so now in the 90s. Good thing too as the 100 mile self imposed ride on the 29th is fast approaching. I'm not sure my riding buddy will ride it with me. He rode 40 the other day but said 100 is a whole different ball game. So I said what if we just do a 25 mile course 4 times. He proposed doing the first and last 25 or some other combination. But I have a problem with that as he'll start off fast as usual and then I'll have to gut out the rest. I said just do the whole thing and go my pace. I think that's his whole worry that he won't be able to sustain his regular pace, which we wouldn't be able to. But he likes to push it.
Since I'll probably have to ride by myself I'm thinking of riding the first 25 miles on my '86 Ironman the second on my '87 Ironman, the third on my '88 Ironman and the last on my '89 Ironman. Since my out and back 25 mile course is my place of business (where I keep my bikes) it should be relatively easy to do. It'll be my official rest stop.
My wife is 100% behind my crazy endeavor and may even ride the last 25 miles with me. She's always supportive of anything involving physical fitness or staying healthy.
I already have thoughts on what my rest stop will be stocked with.
Later Ironkids.