Old 03-11-20, 11:15 AM
motorapido

Bikes: 1976 Schwinn Super Le Tour, tricked out with modern components. Shimano Alfine 11 internal gear hub. Dynamo hub. Titanium racks and bottle cages. Mercier Kilo Wide Tire dropbar singlespeed

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 1 Post
Derailleur cable arm jams against 11-46 cassette biggest 3 cogs

The derailleur cable arm touches/jams against the sunrace 11-46 cassette on a late 1970s road frame I'm converting to 1x10 (had been running this frame with an alfine 11 internal gear hub last few years). The derailleur mount is integrated into the dropouts and not detachable. Derailleur is brand new Shimano deore shadow m6000 and the b-link is attached to the derailleur just like it came out of the box. Wheel was built by a reputable, experienced bike shop. Shimano freehub is brand new. Cassette installed properly. Is this a problem of a 40 year old frame with integrated derailleur mount not being compatible with a shadow series derailleur? Years ago when I updated the bike to a 10 speed cassette 11-36, whatever derailleur I was using worked just fine. Do I need a goatlink? I haven't installed the chain yet due to this bad clearance problem. See photos of the problem.