View Single Post
Old 08-26-10, 09:05 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had intentions of riding today, I really did.. NOT kidding.... I had to take my mom and my sister to Gainesville today for doc appointments, so I was going to ride the G.ville Hthorne trail. I have a Chevy Astro van and normally take the front wheel off of my bike and put it behind the front seats. Well when more people are going with me I have to use the rack. Anyway... I'm taking the bike out of the van around noon to put on the bike rack and as i'm putting the front wheel back on I notice the front tire is a FLAT waiting to happen. It has 3 bad nicks/cuts on it... one of them is bulging a bit... Sooo I took the road bike in the house and put the mountain bike on the rack. Went to the bike shop in g.ville and got 2 new tires... Picked up my sister picked up my mom.... But by this time the storm was rolling in... Thunder & lightning pouring rain... I guess in hind sight I could have rode because there didn't end up being that much lightning but at the time it sure was looking nasty.

RonH... I had a stretch like that last year in 200 miles I had 3 flats. Two of which ruined the tire they were so bad. At the time I kept thinking.... In 9000 miles of riding my mountain bike on the roads mostly.... I NEVER RUINED a tire because of a flat.... I wore some out.. but never had a flat that ruined one...

Last edited by zzOtherlandzz; 08-26-10 at 09:15 PM.