View Single Post
Old 08-27-18, 11:11 PM
bitingduck

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk
Huh. I didn't. but it's been a while, and I also know that Conti tinkers with their tires' formula/construction a lot.
More than I realized. I saw the recommendation above for Conti Tempos and was surprised so I looked them up. I had some back 2005-ish that were grey rubber that felt plastic-ish and was pretty slippery. I think I used one and sold the couple I others I had to someone else who was more of a pursuiter. They were super slippery and bad at low speed. The current Tempos seem to be the black chili and apparently stickier (based on your comment - I haven't used them). I put on Stehers a few times in the 2005-2010 years and they were super sticky- I could ride relief with them slower than almost anybody. Odd, but I suppose not surprising that they changed the compound. The EVO Pistas are great on the Carson track but they do wear out fast.

(Reviving an oldish thread because I was doing my couple times a year browse of this forum and thought it worthwhile to comment, since there are older tire threads about the same tires...)