Old 04-09-19, 07:14 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
First post. Just joined, but have lurked some before joining.

Please tell us your age. 54. My screen name refers to something else, but give me time and I'll get there.

What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? My current bikes are a Chinese Schwinn Jaguar 7-speed bought new in 2007 or 2008 and a used 2013 Norco Cityglide 8IGH that I just got a month ago. (EDIT: Got rid of the Jaguar in the Summer of 2019 and replaced it with a Schwinn "Speedster" Willy single speed.)
​​
Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? Unfiltered local honey, B12, C, Iron, and Zinc.

How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? I've slowed down in regular life quite a bit, so I've been back on the bike since October 2018 and my energy level has gotten much better. Riding in the winter in my part of the world is a great time to ride.

How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life? Like many people, I rode a lot as a kid and teenager with two coaster brake single speeds and a 10-speed. I was an avid motorcyclist (on and off road) for a couple decades with a mountain bicycle owned during the motorcycle years. A few years after giving up motorcycles in the early 2000s, I got back into riding for exercise.

What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides. Short area rides in the morning or after dark. Too many cars and trucks around here to ride during the middle of the day, since road shoulders are non-existent.

How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage? On track for maybe 1,000 miles per year. Just not enough time. Work, chores, family life, etc.

Last edited by FiftySix; 07-10-20 at 06:08 PM.