Old 04-29-19, 01:20 AM
lkoyanagi

Bikes: Tern D7e

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by starkmojo
I prefer to have the right tool for the job: when I am working out I prefer a pedal bike with a good fit and the right gears. If I am going to commute (19 miles each way, 200 feet of hills either direction) I am going to have to get en ebike in order to make it in a timely manner and still have a life. Just because I get an ebike doesnt mean I am going to start riding it on weekends for pleasure. It just means I will get about 100 more rides a year than I get now.
Not everyone would prefer to ride a normal bike if they could. It is called personal preference and freedom of choice, since the ebike became available.

I have had to ride my hybrid uphills commuting home with a load since my ebike has been in the shop waiting for a controller. My knees and thighs burn and I have to stop and rest several times on the way home while sweating. I have to shower and rest the rest of the day. Sometimes I climb more than once in a day. I dont own a car. I'm 73 years old, but have a drivers license. My hills are even tough for my ebike. Therefore, the battery lasts 10 miles, but rated for 30 miles. I may buy a backup battery for those 40 mile rides. Afterall, ebiking opens doors to more commuting and recreational riding per week. Normal bikes prevent that in my case and keep me from prolific pleasurable biking. The result of ebiking is more biking. Greater effort in biking means less biking, pleasure, exercising, happiness and exploring. I know.
Likes For lkoyanagi: