Old 05-19-19, 10:59 PM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Crescent Pepita Special Frame

Originally Posted by Cl904
That frame looks just like my old crescent, except the decals... the 60cm one. Including the suntour cable stop.

did you get it with a chopped belt saddle and superbe pro pedals?
That stop on the chainstay is a Shimano, should be Camp, like smaller frame. I'd like to know when all the Sun Tour stuff started to become standard equipment (including the dropouts!).
The saddle I originally had when purchased was a "belt" saddle, a modified Fuji, which broke in half on me last year during a ride, replacing with an Ideale #80 (the '72 has an Ideale #45 which was OE to the bike); but I believe the '74 had a Brooks Pro/B.17 on it.
The pedals were Camp Nuovo Record/Record.
I'll probably be removing 60cm bike from the inventory and build up the '72 as a "Special" with all the Camp Nuovo Record/Record components replacing the Valentino/Gran Sport/Weinmann parts. The 60cm size is a "little off", as I am 5'7" and normally ride a 52cm give or take, but after riding a 57cm for years, large frames are just fine when I set them up for my arm/leg reach. I still have an old 60cm Olmo I enjoy riding, just can't use the 172.5 cranks!