View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 07:53 AM
Jac of Hearts

Bikes: 2012 Trek Dual Sport 8.5 Gary Fisher Collection

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 46 Posts
When I changed the way I eat I did it for blood sugar control but then guess what? I lost weight. I have nere been an athlete, nor am I now, but I've always returned to cycling for exercise. When I hit 300, down from 355, I bought a used mtb from a friend and started riding again.

I decided to own my appearance on the bike and wore a bright yellow shirt so I could be seen in traffic. I also started to track my progress on Facebook. My hashtags are #fatboyfattires and #imlosingthisgut .

I have received nothing but positive vibes and support about taking charge of my health.

When I got ready for a new bike I hit the embarrassment wall. Because I am a professional Santa Claus, and I try to down play that off season I did not want a red bike. But the one I wanted was available either in matte black with ugly yellow letters or red with white. I eventually decided on a used DS 8.5 that was matte gray so dodged that bullet.

Keep riding my chubby friends and screw them if they are laughing because as you take charge of your health you'll be the one laughing.