View Single Post
Old 09-13-19, 06:58 AM
PickleRick

Bikes: Felt Z4, Trek Remedy 9.8, Pivot 429SL Di2, Salsa Warbird Di2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 18 Posts
Ha ha ! Yep, snow on Mother's day, oh joy!

So I'm not much on the whole "covert your MTB to a road bike" or road bike to MTB, or hybrid to electric etc., etc. thing. I prefer to purchase bikes which are purpose-built. Saves me a lot of grief.

My recommendation to you, as a fellow "Upstater" , is to go to a local reputable bike shop or sports medicine facility and splurge on a proper bike fit - since it sounds like it's been some time since you've been on a road bike you really should take a hard look at what your physical (cockpit) needs are.

Once you have your fit info I would start shopping. Personally I recommend you look at getting an entry-level or used "Gravel" bike. Don't let the name fool you, they are excellent on asphalt and fairly comfortable. Check out the Salsa Cutthroat.
You should also look at "Fitness" bikes. They feature flat bars and are more upright, like a MTB. The Cannondale Quick series of bikes is excellent as is the Trek FX series. Again, an entry-level or used or "Fall-Blowout" sale bike should save you some coin.
Good Luck!
Likes For PickleRick: