View Single Post
Old 09-29-05, 01:56 PM
paxtonm

Bikes: Bianchi San Jose, Mercian King of Mercia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The moron had his two young children in the car with him. Daddy's teaching a lesson in interpersonal interactions I guess.

Here's the scenario: I ride through an intersection on the green light. He's waiting to go right on red (legal in CA). Just as I clear the intersection, he does his right turn thing, misses me by inches as the tires break loose under hard acceleration and fling gravel at me.

I delivered the finger, which he must've seen in his rearview, and he stopped and exited the vehicle, ran into the traffic lane and tried to grab my handlebars. I stopped. He insisted I apologize. I told him I was sorry that he chose to drive like a moron, and I was sorry that he nearly killed me, but I refused to apologize for the finger. There was enough traffic that I guessed correctly that he wouldn't rearrange my face (fortunately). Im 6-4, 200 lbs, but I hate hitting people. Besides, it's hard to swing on a guy wearing bike shoes.

Like I said before, it's better not to feed on their anger, and I no longer do. But that day, I was p******, and he wasn't getting any apologies for my anger.