Old 12-13-13, 08:17 PM
CbadRider

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dunbar
I tend agree but IMO the officer would have to be staring down at his laptop or phone in order to hit a cyclist riding in the middle of the road in the bike lane. The evidence suggests the officer was going 45+ when he collided with the cyclist right in the center of the hood. Law enforcement has been making a big deal about the dangers of distracted driving and I think they should held to the same standards as you or me if it is determined that was the cause. The design of the bike lane being centered in the middle of two thru traffic lanes is a very poor design and likely played a huge role in this accident. If the bike lane was off on the side of the road this accident likely doesn't happen.
+1, you're not supposed to drive distracted, and law enforcement officials who cite people for doing such things need to be held accountable. You can't just say "Oopsie, I got distracted!" when you strike and kill someone.

I'm a bit confused about your comment that the bike lane was centered in the middle of two through traffic lanes. The bike lane is marked on the right shoulder of the road.

Forum Guidelines *click here*