Thread: Tire sealant
View Single Post
Old 09-14-14, 07:27 AM
pamaguahiker 

Bikes: 2014 VeloOrange Campeur. late 90s Bianchi Cyclocross cro-mo frameset modified to touring, 1993 Bianchi Project 5, 80s Holdsworth Gemini Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter S
Personally I don't trust hardly anything I hear from people that are selling products - built-in conflict of interest. When you feel like they're on your side, consider that a red flag too. A good salesman will always make you feel like a friend. Listen but remain skeptical and get your advice from experienced cyclists rather than the bike shop.

The "best" auto-mechanics will make you feel like they're on your side and saving you tons of money with their honesty while robbing you blind. I'm glad I don't drive anymore. There's a lot less mystery and potential for that with a bicycle.
Walter S, I agree 100%. I make the worst salesman by recommending a $1 patch kit or tubes compared with slime, etc. But I also only endorse items that have worked very effectively for me or have a proven track record. There have been numerous times I have talked to people who were ready to drop $100 of 2 tires, only to inform them that for what they are using the bike for, they would benefit from something different and far less. The advice pays off. They come in more often and appreciate the honesty by contributing to my wood and nails (I'm not a brick and mortar building, I'm amish built)