View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 10:15 AM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked 1,060 Times in 744 Posts
Originally Posted by greatscott
There is another lube that I've read about that not only has low friction but it also makes the chain last longer than any other lube (supposedly) and that is NixFrixShun, see: NixFrixShun Ultimate Bicycle Chainlube - NixFrixShun® This use to marketed under the Silca name but Silca no longer sells it so it went back to this company that created it in the first place. It is a wet lube, more so then R N R Gold, but either a semi wet like R N R Gold or a wet lube like the NFS stuff will make chains last longer then a dry lube will but it will need constant cleaning and relubing like TriFlow especially after a wet ride. I haven't use the NFS lube yet so I don't have any personal results to share nor will I be buying it because it cost $75 for small 2 oz bottle! My wife would think I've lost my mind and have me committed!
The link you provided shows it sells for $15. Maybe under the Silca label it was $75 but since this is the company that sells one of their track pumps for close to $500 I can understand the markup.