View Single Post
Old 05-26-19, 07:53 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 181 Posts
It is really a crank forward bike rather than a real recumbent. The MSRP in 2007 was $900 so $300 is quite a bit for this bike. That doesn't stop people from asking outrageous prices for them. There is one on CL in the LA area with an asking price of $450. That's nuts.

A long time ago I had a BikeE AT which is a recumbent but similar in style to the Revive. It was comfortable but not very efficient and I never could get used to the steering on it. Most of the parts you would replace are standard bike parts but some like the rear hub would be costly enough that it wouldn't be worth replacing. That's exactly what happened with my BikeE when the rear hub broke. Not worth fixing and that was back in 2003 when the bike was still fairly new.

You can still read some of the old reviews made when the bike was still in production here: https://www.roadbikereview.com/produ...nt/revive.html. The weight and limited gearing are definite downsides to this bike.