Old 06-21-19, 02:55 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Caliper
I do want a GPS computer though. Have been using the phone but am starting to do rides where the battery life of the phone w/ GPS on falls into question so separating the two and not having to worry about phone/lifeline battery so much is a driving factor here.

TBH, that article is why I posted this thread. I've been aware of Garmin reliability issues for some time, but wrote it off as just being operator error or due to the large volume of users. But DCRainmaker seems like a pretty experienced user...

I've actually got a Wahoo Elemnt arriving today. Unfortunately neither of the shops near home can order Wahoo computers since QBP only seems to stock the Wahoo sensors so it's Prime FTW.
I follow the Garmin Edge 1030 Facebook page and I’d have to say that it is not trending in Garmin’s favor at this point. It seems like things were much better for users until several recent updates which have been pretty upsetting for a lot of users. It statt d off buggy and got worse is the takeaway I get. Definitely not rainbows and unicorns. No puppies either.