View Single Post
Old 05-09-18, 09:03 AM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by GTA
carbon fiber is so far one of the best materials for bikes.
there is no reason to be afraid of new technology. (carbon fiber is not new at all but still being improved)

even my grandma has a carbon fiber wheelchair, actually. :-)
I didn't even realise elderly people were so competitive when it comes to who can wheel themselves about the fastest. Does she wear lycra too? Maybe you are implying I am a dinosaur who doesn't move with the times and trends and you are probably right I just sort of like what I like even if that isn't what is popular with the majority. I guess I'm a little afraid of carbon fibre due to the way it fails and the only thing it seems to bring to the table is competitive advantage and low weight. On the way to the beach the other day I passed many cyclists in some sort of race or event and the only thing consistent about the race was the young cyclists were at the front and the elderly cyclists were at the end pretty much. Didn't seem to matter what the bike was cheap or expensive, aluminium or carbon. Plenty of seriously expensive carbon bikes at the back.