Old 11-05-18, 07:56 PM
5kdad

Bikes: Felt Z100 road bike, Schwinn Frontier, Salsa Marrakesh, box-store tandem, and Sun Recumbent trike.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pdlamb
A few things:

A couple of blogs? I found it took me about an hour a day to do a decent job on one. That assumes you're going to do more than put a dozen or three pictures on a web page without labels. A good blog, IMHO, describes what you saw and what you experienced, with illustrations as possible, and is a joy to read. Without the text (which is half the battle, the other half being photo selection and presentation), after a couple years your blog will be like looking through grandmother's collection of Kodak snapshots -- and to anyone who isn't you, it will look like that now.
I've done several blogs already from past rides. These were all done AFTER I returned home. I just made good notes and took lots of photos. I find if I don't write down what happened, no later than first thing the next morning, I'll forget things. Check the links at the bottom of my posts here, and you'll see links to 3 of my cycling blogs. I've always thought I'd like to write about the trip, and also about the interesting people you meet when cycling.