View Single Post
Old 01-16-19, 06:54 PM
Brett A
Word.

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, Orbea Oiz XCountry Bike, Specialized Roubaix, Borealis Echo Fat Bike for Winter, many others out in the barn.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
I "suspect" that about 50% of the reason this set up worked for you for a 2 month never plugged into a wall plug is because you had the phone turned off most of the time... JMO...
Nope. You're opinion isn't accurate. As I wrote in my earlier post, the solar panel produced enough electricity for the battery pack to charge my phone 2.5 to 3x a day, so I could afford to use it. My phone was my only source of navigation for the first month-long, and a primary navigation tool on the second. Plus it was my only camera, mp3 player, internet access, etc. It's math and science. Someone could work out the numbers if they wanted to. All the specs are available. Which is actually a good way to go about it. Work backwards from how much electricity you think you'll need per day and buy equipment that will produce that much.

But I had good luck with weather. The thing about solar, of course, is that you don't get much power when it's cloudy, so it's unreliable in that manner.