Old 04-19-19, 07:44 PM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
It is a thread, you know, more information comes up as the conversation evolves. And there are been some good/thoughtful posts in this thread that reinforce the way I reacted to the situation (stayed out of it). The thread does include the idea that police officers are failable - not evil or hateful - but with the help of a couple BFers, that's where this thread has gone and wasted a stupid amount of time.

Those that read one comment about one situation and assume a universe of attitudes from the poster, well they are kinda simple minded and lazy. Example, I am a financial supporter of local police:

Moreover, I'm friends with some of the officers in my town. Frankly, if I'd walked over to the crash scene, I'd been greeted by name by at least one officer on the scene.

Another post by the Toad that helps show how a thread is an evolving dialog, not a hammered in stone statement:

Those that take objection to me highlighting something that you yourself acknowledge - Police are not 100% heros - are clearing looking at this an excuse to get offended. I never made a blanket statement about all police, that's been done for me by the BFers in this thread that misrepresent me and my thoughts. A blanket statement I will post: in the suburbs, officers are typically car-focused people (at work and off work), they are like your neighbors that never use their rusty/dusty bike ... they don't understand some things that are unique to people that ride bikes. Does that make sense? In hindsight, it'd been better to say that then share the story about a cop being a dick that one time.

Of course, if I'd start the thread with my full life history and every experience I've had with police ... you'd all be like TLTR. [/shrug]

In summation, it is generally a pointless thread, I was clearing my head. Since I work a home-office with two dogs, I look to BF as a place to have that 'water cooler' talk (ie pointless conversations). Good talk, good talk.

(you're welcome, Brocephus )
Pointless. Just like your OP with it’s personal bias towards police and your silly backpedaling about it just being ‘water cooler’ talk.
Pretty sad that once you get called out you can’t even own up to your own words/opinion