View Single Post
Old 05-06-19, 10:33 PM
Saburo10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by errymo
As title. Ebike becoming a trend these years. What do you think??
I commute to work on my bicycle. I used to do it without a motor. I just enjoy riding my bike. It's my stress reliever. When I first switched to an e-bike, I was riding 20 miles each way with a lot of hills, 40 miles per day with an 8 hour shift of physical labor in the middle of that. I have done the trip many times without a motor. In the hot days of summer, it's nice to have a little assistance. I rarely use the throttle. I like the pedal assist option.
These days my commute is shorter, only 13 miles each way=26 miles per day. I still get plenty of exercise. An e-bike is a good option for people who enjoy riding a bicycle, and want to enjoy riding it further, or want to show up for work not too drenched in sweat on the hottest summer days. An e-bike is also good for those times when I have to be in traffic. I avoid riding in traffic for most of my commute but there are times when it can not be helped. When in traffic, I have found that it's safer to go fast. By using the motor in combination with pedaling, I can maintain a good safe speed when I have to. I always tell people that I do NOT recommend an e-bike for people who don't like riding a regular bike because there will be times when the bike will have problems and then you will be left pedaling a potentially heavier bike without any help from the motor. My own motor stopped working nearly two months ago so I am just using my own leg power until I get that fixed or replaced. Currently examining my options there.