Old 05-21-19, 04:29 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
Somehow it's hard to accept adding a reed switch when you're trying to be clever with gyros and accelerometers, but that's a really good idea to get over that last hurdle, and pretty easy compared to the ideas I've been avoiding. I even already have that implemented using a different arduino, that I was just recording to a memory card with and not displaying anything. I could just copy-paste my code, the software de-bounce and smoothing already all worked out, and plug the reed switch in. Thank you for prodding me with that.
The Bell 150 just arrived - think it is actually the same firmware as the Sunding except without the somewhat convenient backlight. But better physical form.

You've got me thinking Arduino now too, generally I work on things that need to run for half a year, but if I can keep the current under say 20 milliamps I'm willing give it a 400 mAh battery for the present... The display I want to use will probably double that, but I can make it active for 10 seconds at the push of a button or something.

Somewhere around I have a sketch where I just experimented with mocking up what data I wanted to put where on the screen, I should dig it out and see if I can make it actually work...