Old 06-09-19, 01:45 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
I had a similar issue once with a front wheel. The kid at the shop only tightened the spokes on one side. The hoop was exactly, perfectly centered over the flanges, but he failed to realize that 1 flange was moved inboard a bit to accommodate the disc. I made the shop fix it.

On a group ride we had a guy on a Trek carbon bike whose rear wheel was so improperly dished (or maybe improperly installed) that the tire/rim was dragging on the seat-stay. It made squeaking noises when he pedaled. I mentioned it to him, he said: "Ok, yeah, thanks" and rode off. Squeak, squeak, squeak.

So a few miles later, I mentioned it again. He said "I'll deal with it later" & rode off in a huff ahead of the group. Like he thought I was trying to slight him or something.

Since I was on-duty, I felt obligated to ensure he was duly informed, of a potential safety issue with his equipment, & I did so, for the safety of himself and the others I am responsible & potentially liable.

Later, he gave me tons of attitude for being too fast (I was riding the posted pace) & he yelled at me after passing him on a relatively easy climb he had a full-on headstart on...I didn't see him the next week & I hope his carbon seat-stay is fully worn through...

Sorry, I know this has little to do with the OP's thread, I just wanted to share a dishing related story.

Last edited by base2; 06-12-19 at 01:56 PM.