Old 06-26-19, 08:42 AM
since6

Bikes: Stevenson Custom, Stevenson Custom Tandem, Nishiki Professional

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked 196 Times in 128 Posts
I will do a shout out for a LBS in Jacksonville ZenCogs, they really came through. They picked up this bike, boxed and shipped and kept me in the loop all the way and were very reasonably priced, local Bike Forum members please do give them some business. And yes this was the Jacksonville Goodwill bike.

Jamesdak what I work off of is the Vintage Fuji 1985 Catalog specifications for the Opus III both of our bikes I am sure are this bike due to the exact same two tone color as the 1985 catalog picture and in my case the serial number while in 1984 is such a late date I'm sure it was for the 1985 sales year.

As to different parts as I've noted in my discussion about this bike there are many parts that I'm sure were rider preference switch out such as the seat and stem to get a higher bar position. The wheel set is a guess on my part a special order adding the Professionals Mavic GP 4 rims to this Opus III purchase which was probably the greatest difference for a racer and well spent money to bring the Opus III into the performance realm of the Professional. It's my guess that the front rim had to be replaced and the Ukai NJS rims were added while the tire set was likely rider preference perhaps after the first set wore out?

The most striking thing about this bike in sunlight is its paint. The silver (?) is a metal flake and I wouldn't be surprised if there is pearlescence in this paint to, will have to wait for local auto paint guys opinion and when the sun hits this paint the bike just pops. The (?) is because I can't decide if there is some lavender/light purple mixed into the silver as it seems at times to be almost a light lavender/purple silver, it's probably going to drive me and my local auto paint shop crazy trying to get a match for a pint of touch up paint. Other than the surface rust areas that must be treated and painted the scruff marks and worn decals I'm going to leave as is, and just protect the frame from further damage, I hope via touch up paint, and then get out my auto clay and clay the existing paint then wax and leave it as is. As I've already said to me patina isn't an enemy.

If bikes could talk.

Last edited by since6; 06-26-19 at 08:55 AM.