View Single Post
Old 06-25-02, 07:41 AM
ssgl502002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My story is simple. Last year I turned 50 and decided it was time to get some control of my health, which up to that time wasn't bad, but wasn't really where I wanted to be after looking at alot of people my age, huffing and puffing to do even the simplest tasks. I have been riding my bike to work and back for the last 5 years or so, but only in the last 2 years have I really taken it seriously. Last year as I turned 50, I decided it was time to make cycling part of my life, not just a thing I did once in awhile to work. I also had to change my eating habits, because enjoying too much of the good life, would surely counteract all the exercise I was trying to do. Since I got serious last year, I went from 215lbs to 180lbs, where I am now and I am keeping it off for the most part and not really having to give up much. Usually on the weekends, I let loose a little, but try to watch out how much.
I will see my weight fluctuate some, may as much as 4 lbs over the weekend. But after I get back on my usual routine during the week, those 4 lbs or so, go away. During the week, I pretty much keep to strict routine. I try to eat 4 to 5 times a day with each time not being a whole lot of food, but the the right kind. I have been doing this awhile and now its a way of life for me, which makes it alot easier to do. Over a year later now, I feel a whole lot better, I have more stamina that I thought was possible and I went from a 38 pants size down to a 34. I haven't been there in years and it sure does feel good. My ride to work each day is 10 miles round trip with hills and on the weekends I try to get in some long rides of 20 to 30 miles. Cycling is the only way to go!!!!!