Old 05-31-17, 10:16 AM
snidely
Cycliste sérieux

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
How far did you go south of the Honda Center/Angel Stadium area? All the way to the beach? I rode up from the beach to Orangewood on Sunday and it didn't get crowded with tents and stuff until I went under the freeway just after the golf (maybe apartments?). I left HB about 5:30AM (it was really clear!), got to the Orangewood area about 6:30AM. Below that there are some encampments, but mostly on the opposite side of the river from the bikepath. I don't feel threatened (not yet), but its quite disheartening to see all that. I'll keep riding up to the golf course area until I feel its not safe.

The worst stretch (if I recall accurately) seems to be from approximately 1 mile north of Honda Center, south to about Edna Park. Then they're scattered under the bridges and random areas.

This is smack in the middle of a decent-length ride (for me), and I'm just not willing to take the risk (or deal with the hassle) anymore.

I've had my own experiences, heard first-hand accounts from other cyclists, and read of other encounters. It's just not worth the risk. I have worked too hard, and have too much to lose.

Please be alert and cautious when riding these areas.