Old 06-21-17, 12:50 PM
vinuneuro

Bikes: 2016 Diverge Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelhot
Though can you clarify if your Diverge DSW bottom tube looks like this?
I almost went for the 2015 DSW but ended up getting a 2016 Expert Carbon.

Originally Posted by wheelhot
Knowing that the geo difference between Diverge and Roubaix, which do you guys think would be a better fit based on the terrain and condition I ride

1. Mainly roads
2. Island, so it's hilly most of the time (and some climbs are steep)
3. The mountain bike trails are usually poorly maintained roads (so you're looking at cracks, potholes and etc) and have some mixture of dirt roads.
That's a textbook use case for the Roubaix.

Originally Posted by curttard
I asked Specialized why no DSW this time out:
What they've said doesn't make sense. Sounds like customer reps giving out misleading information.

Originally Posted by Lazyass
I need to go test ride one. Here's an idea in my head.

Diverge E5 $970
Tiagra 4703 30/39/50 triple group $330 (at Ribble)
Shockstop suspension stem $140 (better option than Future Shock possibly, I haven't ridden either)

That's $1440 with a few hundred dollars left over for a nice light road wheelset. Sell the Claris group for some money back. Put the biggest off road tires that will fit on the original wheels to swap out for singletrack and I have a road and MTB.
New Diverge doesn't make sense unless you're getting one with FutureShock, and even then it's far from a slam dunk. For what you're doing you'd probably be better off getting a 2017 DSW Elite. msrp is 1400 but they're probably one sale now to clear stock, and it'd be a better frame than the 2018 E5.