Old 03-28-20, 10:37 PM
showlow

Bikes: Lemond Zurich, All City Macho King Ace

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by alo
I don't know how much you understand about adjusting disc brakes on a bicycle. There is more than one thing that can be adjusted.

You can normally wind in the non-moving side so it is closer to the disc. You can also shorten the cable so the moving side is closer to the disc. If you do both, it should be OK.

Sometimes you may need to realign the disc caliper. You can loosen the bolts, move it, and retighten it. You need to get it so the non moving disc pads almost touch the disc, but don't touch it. Then adjust the cable for the moving disc pads.
I think I understand these as well as I can. This is a centerlock rotor so I don't think I can do what you're describing. The pads adjust independently on Spyres, and both are inboard as far as I can get them w/o causing rubbing. Again, it's worse on the front because the front rotor is warped. A better, TRP brand rotor on the front that is truer would probably help a lot.

I don't think there's anything I can do. They work ok, but I don't like how far I have to pull the lever. I'll cable them with compressionless on my next overhaul and see if that helps.
Likes For showlow: