Old 03-31-21, 09:24 AM
AU Tiger

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Jari 1.5, 2017 Kona Fire Mountain

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by PDKL45
Anyone run the SKS S Board and S Blade set? I have a new Merida Speeder and I just ordered a pair of those for it. All of the bikes on the internet had a hidden rear fender mounting hole in the rear of the fork crown, but the bike I got doesn't, for some reason. Still, I'm lucky to have it and I wasn't going to wait for months/years for another model that may have the same fork anyway.
I just added a set of fenders to my mountain bike: the SKS X-Blade on the rear, and the SKS Shockblade on the front. The rear one straps onto the seat post - super easy with almost no work at all. The front one attaches via a quick release mechanism which screws into the bottom of the steerer tube. The steerer tube is open on the bottom, and you just screw in a piece that stays in using pressure, much like a mirror would attach at the end of flat handlebars. Not quite as simple as the rear, but still only took a few minutes. Neither requires using mounting holes anywhere on the frame (unless you count the bottom of the steerer tube as a mounting hole.)

From what I can tell looking at the pictures of the S Board and S Blade set, it looks like those both use straps. The rear straps around the seat post like mine does, and the front straps around both sides of the fork. Neither looks like it needs mounting holes, but maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

Last edited by AU Tiger; 03-31-21 at 10:00 AM.
Likes For AU Tiger: