Old 09-03-19, 02:11 PM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bikes: 2022 Soma Fog Cutter, 2021 Calfee Draqonfly 44, 1984 Peter Mooney, 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 1,841 Times in 1,053 Posts
https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/bi...970509545.html

Bridgestone XO Touring Bike - $595 (Newton)

The Bridgestone 1993 XO-2 is the perfect all-arounder of bicycles. It is a true touring bike that can be fast on the road or ridden on unpaved roads or when there is no road. If you want one bike that can do anything this is the bike. The 26" wheels make it feel more agile and the wider tires make more comfortable and secure. If you blow the tires up hard it is fast if you let a little air out it is cushy. The handlebars are wider and splayed out for better control with a load and for more room for the knees to stand up and honk.

The drive train is all Shimano with a rear derailleur Deore XT (upgraded from LX) and LX in front. The shifters are Dura Ace bar end shifters for convenience and durability. The brakes are DiaComp 986 cantileavers that can stop a fully loaded touring bike or when you are coming down a mountain. The bars and stem are high quality Nitto, the tires are Ritchy Tom Slicks and the rear rack is a super strong Blackburn.

The Bridgestone catalog describes this bike best. "It looks like a road bike with fat tires, a European touring bike or an XO-1 with drop bars. Our intention was to build a 26" wheel version of last year's RB-T." The XO-2 has Ishwada triple butted road bike tubing and is fast enough for the road, rugged enough for light trail riding and perfect for touring. The bike has high pressure slicks for the road but will take mountain bike tires up to 1.9" for the trails or thin road tires for speed. The RB-T touring bike this replaced was what Grant Peterson who ran Bridgestone and anyone who road one called the best all around bike and I think the XO-2 is its equal. I have a highly thought of RB-Ts that I will sell for $800 instead and keep this bike.

The catalog page is available here- https://sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1993/pages/32.htm

This bike is in exceptional shape for an older bike and has been serviced are refurbished to look and perform as new. Please include a phone number for calls or texts in your reply. If it is more convenient I can meet you at the Riverside T station and you can ride it home.

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers