Old 09-28-19, 09:03 PM
TXsailor

Bikes: Origin-8 Lactic Acid Giant Escape 2 Centurian Lemans 12 Kuwahara Tandem 1989 Ironman Expert 1988 Ironman Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Chicago Al
Funnily enough I just went and checked the High Sierra ('ladies') I bought last weekend and it's 17". Seems very small, but the only other 'ladies' frame for that bike is 21". Wife has a 21" frame mixte road bike, which is an unusually large mixte, though not a whole lot of seatpost exposed there. So a 17" mountain bike 'should' be right.

But she reports that on the High Sierra, with seatpost extended so that her leg extension was right, she felt crowded, like her knees came up too far in front. Maybe we're just not used to mtn bike fitting, and may need to look at it again.

Or possibly something like the Trek Multitrack hybrid (700c) due route suggests is a good, more comfortable option, there certainly are lots of them for sale.

Still hoping the guy with the Paramount PDGs will assent to at least letting me see them. Can't figure out why he keeps relisting them on CL if he doesn't want to sell...IS IT ONE OF YOU???
My High Sierra has 175 crank arms which could be the reason hers makes her knees come up too far if it does too.
Likes For TXsailor: