View Single Post
Old 10-06-15, 09:02 PM
BigL_RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by troutbum50
I'd like to raise the bars a bit-- not bother with the stem, if that's even possible, but is there a carbon option with a higher rise?
I'd pony up for the carbon seatpost that's standard with the Pro Carbon, if that makes a difference in weight and comfort.
What about the wheels? What are my options there? I don't have 3 large for carbon wheels, but are the Axis 4.0 Disc any better/lighter? Would 28c tires make any noticeable difference?
Should I save up for the FSA SL-K carbon crankset that's stock for the Sirrus Pro Carbon?
Thanks in advance for your expert advice!
I have upgraded my 2015 Expert to beyond Pro levels. What I would say:

Yes, plenty of carbon riser options for bars. Easton makes a wonderful, reasonable product, and offers 2 rise increments (as do many manufacturers). Highly recommended for weight and feel.

Definitely, definitely do wheels and tires. By far the biggest change you can make in both weight and sensation of speed, plus the ability to spin up faster. There are reasonable carbon wheel options but a simple alloy would suit you just fine. I wouldn't swap the Axis 1.0 or 2.0 for the 4.0; I'd look elsewhere.

No harm in doing the crank, as I upgraded mine to that very same crank, but it's certainly not the first place to spend your money.

I'm actually going up in tire width, from 30 to 35, but also up in caliber of tire. I will report back with findings.