Old 12-15-18, 07:35 PM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3594 Post(s)
Liked 161 Times in 121 Posts
Hey, I love The Matrix. It has an almost obscene level of rewatchability to it. But easily in my top 10 favorite films of all time sit Shichinin no samurai and Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain. I consider both of them to be almost majestically beautiful, and fantastic examples of character and storytelling. I have no problem enjoying movies where I gotta read words as well as those where lots of stuff explodes. Sometimes, both!

I also can't be the only one that actively seeks out truly terrible movies, right? I do love a good stinker. I think I'm on some eternal quest to unseat whatever movie it is that I consider the "worst thing ever." For many years, it was the unconscionably awful Alone in the Dark (2005.) It's really, really bad. That was finally unseated by Apartment 1303 (2012) the worst movie... ever. My wife tapped out while watching it less than 30 minutes in. I was committed. It's time I'll never get back. But I survived it, and that's worth something. These are truly films that manage to never break that barrier: they never get to the point where they're so bad they're good again. They're just terrible to the core. That said, I highly recommend both. It's always good to re-establish the baseline.