Voodoo76
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveLeeNC
Power (avg or normalized) is the parameter that defines "degradation". So it is the one parameter that I don't want to see right now. I suspect there will be a point down the road where that will change and I will "just have to know".

dave
Not really. If your interest is in riding and not your limits then there is really no need to ever know. Either way a good day is a good day (just more qualitative riding "acoustic"). I started racing in the 70's so have seen both sides of this. I don't race very frequently now but enjoy structured hard training. I find enjoyment in the hard effort and seeing what kind of numbers I can generate.

Regarding degradation, I'm glad that I don't have power files from my 20's and 30's to compare to today (60's). Just memories of some good days/performances and many many grinds. All of which get better the older we get! In that respect I kind of feel for the younger guys now. Cold hard reality will have it's day

I would recommend older riders keep track of HR, more for health than performance reasons.