BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11971 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
We are telling our older and vulnerable patients with chronic but stable conditions to cancel their routine visits with us. For younger and healthier patients who are coming in for a physical or BP/cholesterol check, it’s up to them if they want to postpone coming in for a couple months. I am told we will be offering masks and gloves to every patient who does come in, which I don’t fully agree with as I expect we will run out of masks in a couple weeks and then wtf do we do when we REALLY need some? But it’s not my decision, I am a part owner in the practice but not on the Board.
Just got a call this morning saying my hernia surgery scheduled for Friday is cancelled. BD is not real happy about that because the discomfort level has been increasing lately and a hernia has the potential of creating some very nasty complications, and who knows how long this pandemic will run. The way I see it the complications could alter my overall health to the point of making me very vulnerable to covid-19.

Not happy. Not happy at all.