Thread: 65-85+ Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-19-19, 04:12 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by DougG
I'm really torn about this. I can't come up with a good reason for why I'd really need an e-bike at this point, but I'm kind of a techie person and am pretty fascinated by the technology and all that. Besides, my wife just got one and absolutely loves it. She mainly uses the assist for hills and riding into the wind, but has already ridden farther and more often than she has in years. And of course, she can not only keep up with me without any trouble, but can whip me any time she wants to!

But would I want to show up for one of our group rides with an e-bike? Maybe it's all a matter of ego (probably is!), but it would seem like I'd have it "too easy"when everyone else is busting it to do a 40-miler or whatever.

I could almost justify it if I didn't have to give up one of my current bikes, but we're already short of garage space. Although I do have any extra ceiling-mounted lift hanger...

A gentleman about our age bought a Giant ebike. He was having trouble staying with our group but not any longer! He really like it, allows him to continue to ride with locals and he’s quickly learned how to use the assist so it’s good for him and our group. I expect we’ll see more of them in the future.