Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
Originally Posted by bblair
3 times, that I remember:

1-group ride and we turned very slowly, but not a full stop through a stop sign in a small town. A few miles later, we were pulled over by the mayor himself! Since that town had only mayor's court, he couldn't file the charge and also be the judge, so he radioed his deputy and told him to file the charges. He refused, the mayor was pissed and we eventually rode away with a stern warning.

2-Trek Travel Going to the Sun Road in Montana. The side after the downhill was supposed to be closed to bikes after a certain time, but the Trek leaders assured us that they never enforce it. Well, they did that day and we were forced to wait it out on the banks of a mountain lake, feet in water. Not so bad. Guides apologized and picked up the bar tab that night. We got a good deal.

3-Riding solo on a county road that crossed over the interstate. No other way to go on. State Highway Patrol, sirens blaring comes flying up and pulls me over. I was about to explain, when he goes into this long story about how he is thinking about buying a road bike and wanted advice on kind of pedals, tires, frames, pumps. Eventually I had to excuse myself as I was already late for a big family dinner.

So 3 good outcomes, but I would love to get a speeding ticket. I'd frame it and brag forever.
Love those "stern" warnings!!!!!!