View Single Post
Old 09-15-18, 08:04 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2741 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
re the "roll up and step on" technique, or to add to it--getting as much water out of the hand washed clothing is the key to how long they will take to dry, of course affected to temperature, humidity in air, exposure to sun and how you hang things (to have air moving through the article the best way, ie not bunched up)

I mentioned it before, but once I noticed how that when I hung my hand wrung out clothes on a shower curtain rod or a hook , while I washed myself, it was very noticeable how much water that I did not ring out by hand earlier, would gather down at the bottom of my clothes. So while they were still hanging, I could squeeze out a whole bunch more water, so when I would dry myself off using just part of my camp towel, most of the towel would still be dry to do the "roll and step" thing, which always surprisingly gets a fair amount of water out of the fabric, especially the chammy part of bike shorts-which are the parts slower to dry anyway.

I guess looking back at my trips over the years, and given that this is a day in, day out exercise, it became a bit of a game or a challenge to find the most efficient way of getting my clothes done quickly, and to find areas that would have the most sun and wind exposure so that they'd be as dry as possible for the given conditions.

no way around it, if its rainy and keeps being rainy, or is super humid, it can be a fighting battle and stuff may not be dry in morning, but getting as much water out of your clothes goes along way to getting stuff as dry as possible.