Old 07-11-19, 10:29 AM
davester

Bikes: 1981 Ron Cooper, 1974 Cinelli Speciale Corsa, 2000 Gary Fisher Sugar 1, 1986 Miyata 710, 1982 Raleigh "International"

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked 1,319 Times in 491 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
sometimes, a brooks needs to look like this to keep you from sliding forward and consequently putting to much weight on your hands. And, maybe I'm kidding when I say, "You never should have put that brooks on your Ironman."

When I see a saddle tilted up at an anomalously steep angle like this, it tells me that the seat is too far forward relative to the pedals. If you could slide the seat backwards a bit then you wouldn't need such an extreme tilt to keep you from sliding towards the bars. Unfortunately, Brooks saddles have limited fore-aft adjustment (particulary a problem for tall folks with large frames like this one) so you'd probably need to get a different seatpost with a larger setback. Another likely contributing factor to the seat angle is that you have a Brooks Professional, which is a racing saddle designed for a rider who is in the drops cranking hard most of the time. A B-17, designed for more upright riding (i.e. touring) may work better and will likely be much more comfortable (doesn't look as pretty as the Pro though).