View Single Post
Old 11-12-19, 05:41 PM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandrada
Actually, 150mm spacing would solve a lot of problems for many bicycles, which is popular with DH bikes and old skool FR bikes. I don't think Boost offers any real advantage up front, unless you are into a fat, or mid-fat bikes. I've also been a big fan of high volume 26" wheels, but I'm 5'8" so it's just a better all round compromise for me. If I had a choice, that's what it would be, along with more modern geometry and slightly longer wheelbase than what was standard for 26. I'm a "playful" rider most of the time, and 26 offers quite a bit more control in most situations... I have to work pretty hard to throw my current bike around. As someone said, it's slightly too long and tall...
sorta agree with the no need for boost front, but for thicker stanchions like 36s and 40s you can get much bigger tires up front. I have a Fox Factory 36 on my Scott FR710 and don't think I can get larger than a 2.5 in the front. I'm running 2.4s HR2s now which we all know Maxxis tend to size smallish.

also no way the industry not going to use an old "standard". That's just not profitable.... Sorry Mr Bike Mfr, I'm not buying into super boost. Actually my favorite setup is an 11spd with 142TA. I haven't needed Eagle yet. Though the idea of an e-bike for commuting has me interested.

Last edited by qclabrat; 11-12-19 at 05:45 PM.