Colonelmom

Bikes: Giant, Jamis fixie, Orbea Orca; Ceverlo P2SL TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sarals
You guys.

I've been totally off the radar for the last week. I spent four days in San Francisco, the Tall Russian had meetings with contractors about renovating his house up there. It turns out it's VERY close to Ex's childhood home, just a stone's throw. Small world!

I did a lot of riding, but it was from stop light to stop light, stop sign to stop sign. I had fun waiting for Freds to catch up to me and then I blow past them when they got fifty or so yards in front of me. Is that mean, or what?

I climbed Mount Tamalpias, round tripping from San Francisco, on Sunday. The Tall Russian has really slowed down in the past year (and I'm faster), so I had to stop often to wait on him. That really slowed me down, but even so, I did okay on that much harder than I expected climb (it's way harder than Hamilton).

Sunday I go to Texas for a ten day school for work. I won't have a bike, so I'm going to (heaven forbid) RUN while I'm there to maintain my aerobic fitness. I don't want to think about how slow I'll be when I get home! I do start structure again on November 1st.

Like Ex, I've been thinking about next year. I want to cat up to 3 so I can race more Masters races. I'll probably need the whole season to get enough points to do that. I do my best in crits, so I'll target more of them instead of road races, and I'll contest more ITT's. I might try to hit more races in a series, too. Senior events are square in the middle of my radar, points or not, and any USAC women's race that will allow a W4 to race 35+ (better yet, 60+) I'll try to get to. Most of all, next year, I HOPE, will be a season of racing, not survival.

From the 2013 rule book

4-3: (1) 20 points; or,
(2) experience in 25 qualifying races with a minimumof 10 top ten finishes with fields of 30 riders+; or,
(3) 20 pack finishes with fields over 50.
30 points in 12 months is a mandatory* upgrade.USAC-sanctioned rider Camps and Clinics that areapproved by the Local Associations for upgrading willcount a maximum of 3 upgrade points when upgradingfrom category 4 to category 3.

I cannot find it right now.. but USAC expanded the timeline.. so you can count 18 months of points versus the old 12 month window... GOOD luck.. i have the same goal... to get to CAT 2 and I am considering racing USAC Master's it is in Utah in 2014