View Single Post
Old 06-05-18, 01:00 PM
Equinox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by WNCGoater
First off, when adults give other adults "the finger" I have at that point, immediately categorized anything they have to say or complain about as irrelevant. There are a lot or people/traffic out there, many more than 30 years ago. People make mistakes and people do dumb stuff. Rant about it in your own car but otherwise, deal with it as an adult. But shouting obscenities or "saying it all" with the finger?...What are you 16?...grow up.

Yes I've done many stupid things while driving. But there is nothing of note worth mentioning that comes to mind at this point from recent years.

I will say, as a motorists it &^$% me off when cyclists ride two or three abreast and block a lane and refuse to go single file. I'll be patient, I'll be courteous, I'll wait until I can pass safely with plenty of space, but give me room dang it! When I'm cycling, I ride out in the lane and move to the side when a car approaches from behind. Sometimes I take the lane depending on circumstance, but I always make it as easy as I can for cars overtaking me to pass. I have little problem with aggressive drivers. The SHARE THE ROAD plan has to work both
ways for it to work.
I have to admit, I agree with the part about the finger and the motorcyclist's response in general. Although I turned in front of him sooner than I would have wanted, it was not even close to a collision. I am a mototrcylist as well, and had I been him, I would have applied my brakes in a controlled manner. Perhaps I would have flashed my brights. I would have taken a deep breath, and been on my way. In this case the motorcyclist sped up to pass and give me the finger. His actions were arguably more egregious than mine.